Preparing For Kindergarten
Kindergarten is an exciting milestone for both parents and students. In order to help you and your child transition into Kindergarten at Jackson, we have prepared some information for you.
Please take a look at the Kindergarten Readiness document on this site. It will help you understand how to help your child prepare for this big transition.
The Registration Process
Please refer to the Rescue Union School district website to learn about the required forms for Kindergarten Registration. You will find a "Registration Timeline" and "Parent Checklist" on the Parent Resources Page.
- Registration Packets will be available in the school office starting February 6.
- The registration period starts February 15-March 9. You can submit the materials in the school office any day between 7:30AM and 4PM during the registration period.
- Please note: the registration packages will ONLY be date stamped when they are submitted. There is no need to stand in line before the school office opens on the morning.
- In order to be accepted and date stamped, all the necessary documents must be submitted: child's official birth certificate, child's immunization record and a utility bill that shows child's home address.
Dates to Look For:
- April 25-26 - Pre kindergarten testing--an appointment letter will be mailed the end of March
- May 10 - Open House - Come tour the Jackson classrooms to see what the kids and teachers have been doing all school year.
- Kindergarten Orientation - Look for a letter during the summer about this.
- First day of school!
Last Updated ( Wednesday, 01 February 2012 20:39 )